Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Anchor Bracelet

I really like the whole nautical and anchors look. Last night I went to HomeGoods and that was the theme of just about the entire store. Then, while browsing Polyvore, I came across this super cute {but super pricey} anchor bracelet and decided to make my own.


I used this cotton braiding cord in 2 different colors and this really cute anchor/rope toggle. I didn't want to fool with o-rings and clamps so I decided to use the anchor toggle as my main focus instead of using it as just the clasp.


I cut a total of 4 pieces of cord at 18" each {2 white and 2 blue} and looped them through the ring on the anchor. Then, I had McKenzie hold the anchor while I braided the cord because taping it to the table wasn't working for me. I did a fishtail braid.

Using the above picture as a guide, here's how to fishtail braid: I separated the cord into 4 parts - 2 same colored strands per section {white, blue, blue, white}. Take left white over left blue, then right white over right blue and left white. Next, take left blue over what is now the left white and then right blue over right white and left blue. {I hope that makes sense because explaining how to braid without demonstrating in person is not an easy task!} 

Once I braided all the way down the cord I tied it off to the rope piece of the toggle in a knot and cut off the leftover.


I'm so happy with the way it turned out, I can't wait to make more bracelets to go with it! Plus, McKenzie is hounding me for one now.



23 comments:

  1. I adore this! It is so dang cute! The anchor and rope closer? (my mind isn't working) is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I'm in love, so glad you are too! :)

      Delete
    2. And yes, the anchor/rope is actually the closure but I wear it as the "charm"

      Delete
  2. So cute! I'm an anchor junkie - I was loving the anchor trend before it was cool. What a fabulous project. Thanks for linking up at Craft Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. My teen daughter would love making these. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Craft Frenzy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy, she would have no problem! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. So simple and adorable!! Found you on Craft Frenzy Friday!

    Shelly
    MinettesMaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything nautical and this bracelet is awesome! It's funny because I was thinking of painting one of my small ship helms a bright color for my office and while at Home Goods the other day I saw they had pink and green ones in stock.Thanks for linking up to The Makers and we hope you will join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this share.it's too good,
    "šperky"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know about online jewelry store,.
    Best Online Store

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remarkable blog! I have no words to praise, it has really allured me.
    jewelry online

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm glad to hear that the above post helped you and I always tried to share different things by posts.

    Further you can also get benefit by my other regarding Anchor bracelet for men.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you really been on the internet looking for a mobile portal where you can download all mobile files for free?https://www.makeoverarena.com/zamob-games-music-videos-tv-series-www-zamob-co-za/ Then Zamob.co.za is the mobile web portal you need to download your entire mobile electronic files for free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do we have to spend money to buy things that are available and free? The Impossible Game is a website that has a lot of games suitable for many ages. They will give you the most relaxing time, and it's completely FREE for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many persons are currents exploring the iOS 15.1 Beta 2. You can join them

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the right site for each person who should a couple of plans concerning this point. You see a particularly tremendous store of its essentially hitting to battle with you (not that I really would have to… HaHa). You undeniably put another turn concerning a matter which has been analyzed for an incredibly extended period of time. Shocking stuff, essentially puzzling!Tamilplay Movies Download

    ReplyDelete